TUESDAY 16th JUNE
After the Holcombe race, just a very steady six miler Friday night and then a not so steady six hour drinking binge watching England v. USA on the Saturday. Any pre-session ambitions about taking it easy or having a few intermittent rounds on soft drinks simply went out of the window early doors as pint of Kronenbourg number three was coming to an end before the game had even kicked off. On Sunday I was sweating up, wretching, nodding off and generally feeling awful whilst my girlfriend encouraged me to go out with her for a late lunch at Cedar Farm in Mawdesley.  I ordered just a glass of water and hoped to keep it down whilst her ladyship dined on a superb looking warm salad dish that  I would normally have raved about. However I couldn't even look at it too long for fear of having to rush out for a quick spew. On Monday afternoon I simply had to get out on those fells to sweat out any lingering nasties and survey any damage to current fitness that might have been incurred. Oddly enough I had a flyer. I didn't set out to break any records but felt strong and ended up with a near PB on a ten mile route of mine. It seems I got away with it this time, so as the saying goes, 'never again.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment