TUESDAY 28th DECEMBER
Just as the thaw was finally kicking in, the Ribble Valley 10k was cancelled yesterday morning after another flurry of snow in the early hours covered the course that had otherwise been kept in good nick all week. Although bad news for Blackburn Harriers and frustrating for all the hard workers behind the scenes of the club's showpiece race, I doubt I am on my own in seeing it as a blessing in disguise on a personal level. It's been a load of rubbish trying to do any decent training on those snow packed pavements and roads in sub-freezing temperatures this last week or so. What was feeling like a PB in the making just over a week ago had turned into nothing more than an unwelcome test of what was left over after a week of low mileage and poor quality running. Showered, kitted up and ready for the off yesterday morning, I then noticed a text about the cancellation, dropped my bag on the floor and put the kettle back on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment