SATURDAY 20th NOVEMBER
RED ROSE CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE
9k
Marl Pits, Rawtenstall

A cross country race was always going to bring me back to down to earth which is one of the reasons I decided to do it, coupled with the fact that Marl Pits is a proper quagmire of a course that I got some perverse enjoyment out of last year. Three laps and 9k later I crossed the line in 16th place. I had beaten who I thought I ought to be beating and nearly beaten one or two that I felt I had no right to be quite so near to. Significantly though, I was really pleased to chalk up another course best and with a substantial improvement of just short of two minutes on last year. Those very poor performances of my dark cross country past can now be laid to rest.
Time: 33:16   Pos: 16th/112  

No comments:

Post a Comment